[Xcb] keyboard/mouse input and graphics in separated threads?

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Mon Dec 17 07:07:42 PST 2012

On 2012-12-16 12:09, Christ-Jan Wijtmans wrote:
> Does the thread need to have a window mapped in order to catch such events?
> In my design i would like to handle input events separately from my
> graphics thread.
> I am still using only Xlib because i am using OpenGL for graphics.
> Would it work to just make a new thread  and use XCB in that and catch
> such events.

XCB does not have a function to read only some types of events. You can
read events from any thread, but you'll get all of them.

Also, the Xlib-vs-XCB event switch is a global one. You can mix Xlib and
XCB requests, but you can't mix event handlers on the same connection.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/