[Xcb] documentation patches

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Jan 11 08:41:06 PST 2012

On 2012-01-07 12:23, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excerpts from Michael Stapelberg's message of 2011-12-19 19:49:21 +0000:
>> attached you can find the final (for now) patches to introcude <doc> tags in
>> xproto.xml, make xcbgen handle those tags and make c_client.py spit out
>> manpages (and enhance the Doxygen docs) based on these tags.
> I got no reply to this yet. I guess due to the holidays and new year’s,
> everybody had better things to do :).

Exactly.

Also, it's a huge patch (can't review it during a ten minute break, so
it's harder to squeeze into a day) that is bzipped (extra step, harder
to review in-line, harder to squeeze into a day).

> So, what about merging the patches?

Quick review of the proto patch:

- I don't like needs_header. It's a non-example that is language
specific. Also redundant, since the one and only use (xcb.h) is
implicitly included by xproto.h already (at least for the language
binding in question). In other cases, needs_header is implied by the
<import> tag, and already handled by libxcb.

- "make check" fails on <doc> inside <reply>.

Fix those two things, and I'll give it my Reviewed-By.

I haven't reviewed each request's documentation, but the few I looked at
looked good.

You use CDATA more liberally than I would, but you wrote it so I can't
really complain about this one. As long as it isn't mandatory.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/