[Xcb] xcb-proto-1.7 broke existing xcbgen API

Alex Plotnick shrike at netaxs.com
Fri Mar 23 08:12:21 PDT 2012

At or around Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:34:12 BST, Julien Danjou said:

> What I propose to do:
>  apply your patch #1 and release xcb-proto 1.7.1
>  apply your patch #2, make xpyb depends on xcb-proto in configure.ac,
>   and  release xpyb 1.3.1
>
> Does that sounds good to you?

Yes.

You might also consider including my third, related patch (Pack requests
using standard size and no alignment), so that people could actually use
QueryTextExtents if they wanted to. However, although I think it's low
risk and likely to fix bugs that were heretofore invisible, I can
understand if you wanted to hold off on that, since it touches a huge
percentage of the generated code.

	-- Alex