[Xcb] Feature Request: Function "xcb_test_for_event"

Christian Heller christian.heller at tuxtax.de
Tue Apr 9 01:27:17 PDT 2013

Hi Josh,

> You don't need to get a character to block on a terminal or serial port.
> You should just select() or poll() or epoll() or similar on the file
[..]

Thanks indeed for all those various ideas of yours!

It will take me some time to think them through and adapt CYBOI's
event handling architecture, for better performance.

> OK, glad to hear that blocking would work for you.
>
> Ideally I'd still love to have some way for XCB to just supply a file
> descriptor you can block on, but I don't know if the structure of the X
> protocol would reasonably allow that.  Failing that, an
> xcb_block_until_event or xcb_wait_for_event_noret or similar call seems
> vaguely reasonable.

Perhaps you could put my email in the corresponding bug/feature request,
so that I get informed in case such a function gets added?

Thanks again
Christian