[Xcb] XCB replacement for XkbLockGroup

Ran Benita ran234 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 08:25:32 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 06:35:22PM +0400, lexa fedotov wrote:
> Hello, I want to ask you about how complete support of xkb in xcb ? Here
> http://xcb.freedesktop.org/manual/xkb_8h_source.html i found some xcb_xkb_*
> functions, but it's seems that a big part of xkb functionality is missing.
>
> Especially i'm looking for xcb replacement for XkbLockGroup function, but i
> can't find a analogue for them. Looks like it is not implemented, am i
> right? If so, what can i do to implement it in a xcb_xkb library ?

You can use the following request from xcb-xkb:

xcb_xkb_latch_lock_state(xcb_connection_t *c,
                         xcb_xkb_device_spec_t  deviceSpec,
                         uint8_t affectModLocks,
                         uint8_t modLocks,
                         uint8_t lockGroup,
                         uint8_t groupLock,
                         uint8_t affectModLatches,
                         uint8_t latchGroup,
                         uint16_t groupLatch);

For deviceSpec, you can pass XCB_XKB_ID_USE_CORE_KBD.
For groupLock, pass the group you want. For lockGroup, pass true.
For the other stuff, you should pass 0/false.