[Xcb] xinput: up to XI v2.3 with all events

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Sat Feb 16 07:24:50 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Daniel Martin wrote:
> I do. Do not pull the branches. I've totally forgotten that there was a
> problem with the 'full_sequence' field:
>     http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2013-January/008129.html
>
> I'll fix that (move the field to the beginning of the structure) and
> report back when I've tested and merged the changes.

I'm not sure if moving the field counts as an API change, but it
definitely counts as an ABI change. An ABI change isn't out of the
question, but it's not something to do lightly. I'd like to see some
more comments (or even better, Acks) from other people first.

> Additionally, I'm a bit astonished if the 'full_sequence' field should
> be injected by xcbgen anyways, as the field is looks very libxcb related
> to me. I think it should be injected by c_client.py. Because, others -
> using xcbgen - may don't want or don't handle it. Am I wrong on this
> one?

This sounds reasonable on the surface, but again: API change. I'd like
to see an Ack from other users (at least the xpyb community) on this
one.

Thanks,
 Peter Harris