[Xcb] Please review/comment: libxcursor port

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 02:08:14 PST 2013

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 09:42:43PM +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> I have ported the relevant bits (for me) of libXcursor to an xcb-only
> library: http://code.stapelberg.de/git/util-cursor/
>
> With a simple test program, I can load Xcursor cursors on my root
> window, so it should be ready to be used in window managers like i3 and
> awesome (untested yet).
>
> I would love to hear some comments about this, both from a project point
> of view (e.g. where does it fit into the big picture, is “util-cursor” a
> good name, did I do any obvious autotools mistakes, etc.) and from a
> code review point of view.

I think those __attribute__((packed)) for the structs in cursor.h aren't
necessary as those structs have uint32_t members only. Due to that
they're already aligned to a 4 byte boundary and the packed attribute
doesn't change anything.

> Also it would be cool if you could test it and see if it works with your
> favorite cursor theme, in case you use any ;-):
>
> git clone git://code.stapelberg.de/util-cursor
> cd util-cursor
> git submodule update --init
> ./autogen.sh
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for your work. I hope that'll find some time to test it this
evening.

Cheers,
    Daniel Martin