[Xcb] [RFC] Move full_sequence to the beginning

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:38:56 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 01:15:09PM +0100, Daniel Martin wrote:
> With these patches, we are able to mark an XGE event as such and
> generate the correct header for it.
>
> Additionally, in xtypes.py we inject a full_sequence field after the
> 32byte boundary. libxcb uses it for additional informations and would
> overwrite event fields if we wouldn't have it.
> The full_sequence field will be injected into every XGE event, even if
> it is not necessary (event has no fields behind the 32byte boundary),
> for consistency.

And that's wrong. For normal events the full_sequence field will be
appended to the event structure, here for XGE events we inject it into
the event structure. That's a problem for everything else than
c_client.py/libxcb as they may not know about the field and overwrite
this "gap" with event data.

Anyone knows about something using libxcb and relying on the
full_sequence field being at the 32byte boundary? Cause I would like to
move this field to the beginning (first field) of all event structures
in libxcb.

Cheers,
    Daniel Martin