[Xcb] Searching for tutorials

Patrick patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org
Wed Aug 6 14:09:00 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone

This is my first post here.

I am trying my very best to follow along with this tutorial:
http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/doc/libxcb/tutorial/index.html

There is the reference manual and many tiny snippets of code on the
internet. I am now understanding about 60-70% of what I need to
understand, to use the library but I am still struggling with some topics.

It looks like XCB_EVENT_MAKE_EVENT_HANDLER might have something to do
with assigning a callback function but I can't find enough resources to
understand it. Could anyone point me to a tutorial or other resource
that would help me figure out how to call foo when the foo button(or
window really) is pressed ? Right now I can understand button events but
not how to distinguish between them.

The tutorial above also discussed how important pixmaps are but I still
can't figure out how to write one to a window to turn that window into
an image button and so on. Any resources for this would be great too.

Thanks for reading my post