[Xcb] XCB repeating keys (xcb_test_fake_input)

Saad Malik saamalik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:39:11 PST 2014

Hi All,
I'm indirectly using XCB through another application called xdo for
automating keypresses/clicks. Anyway, I've been a happy camper with xdo
(and XCB) until a recent system upgrade is causing XCB to misbehave--key
presses are repeating continuously until I press another key on the
keyboard.

I've made a very simple sample program illustrating the problem. The
program should only output 1 'w' letter, but it outputs 'wwwwwww...'
continuously until I press a key. Could someone please test this, and offer
advice as to what may be causing the issue? I'm an Arch user.

Sample program: https://gist.github.com/saamalik/8464619

Compile as: gcc -o xdo -lm -lxcb -lxcb-xtest xdo.c

Thanks,
Saad