[Xcb] Questions about the X protocol and the XCB implementation

Bart Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jan 28 21:19:07 PST 2014

You could try to get XCB to writev() your C++ data structure for you
to avoid the copy, but it would be a non-trivial amount of work. It
would probably involve using the binding generator to build a special
C++ XCB binding that took various C++ data structures into account.
Doable, perhaps, but probably not worth the immense effort. --Bart