[Xcb] [proto 1/3] xkb: Add missing modLatches to LatchLockState

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Jul 16 08:33:02 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-16 09:37, Daniel Martin wrote:
> On 16 July 2014 14:30, Ran Benita <ran234 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 07:25:16PM +0200, Daniel Martin wrote:
>>> The field modLatches was missing in the request LatchLockState:
>>>     http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/kbproto/tree/XKBproto.h#n141
>>
>> Change looks correct to me, but as always it breaks the existing
>> users (which according to google do exist). So this needs a major
>> sobump, or something else, like LatchLockState2... Any suggestions?
>
> Ups, I have spoted such a break in Roberts dri2 patch lately, but not
> in my own. :/

Unlike the dri2 change, which doesn't change semantics (not counting
buggy implementation that sets 'count' incorrectly), this one fixes an
actual bug. Therefore, I'd vote for the major sobump on this one.

That said, I don't use libxcb much (I mostly just use xcb/proto to
generate Wireshark dissectors and stuff), so don't put too much weight
on my opinion of what libxcb should do.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group