[Xcb] How do I distinguish XKB events?

me at beroal.in.ua me at beroal.in.ua
Mon Dec 28 10:15:27 PST 2015

Hello. I have a question regarding the xkb extension.

"The X Keyboard Extension: Protocol Specification" says in "Chapter 16.
XKB Protocol Requests/Events":
 > XKB uses a single X event code for all events
 > and uses a common field to distinguish XKB event type.
I don't know what the heck is the "common field". I guess that in XCB, I
need to conver "xcb_generic_event_t *" to something like
"xcb_xkb_generic_event_t *" where I'll find the common field. But I
can't find such a struct, though I see several structs named
"xcb_xkb_$X_event_t". So how do I distinguish XKB events?