[Xcb] xcb-proto DBE extension

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Aug 31 16:06:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-31 4:06 AM, Lars Segerlund wrote:
>  I made an dbe extension to xcb-proto and libxcb, ( from some xml I got
> from Thien-Thi Nguyen a long time ago, I have a couple of questions.
>
>  First there is a type BUFFER_ATTRIBUTES which can be window or none, so
> how do I specify this in the xml ?
>  ( GetBackBufferAttributes ).
>  Thien-Ti suggested a union of window and none ... but I haven't found
> out how to do this.
>  So how to handle this ?

You use an "altenum" (which means, may contain one of the enum, but is
not required). The "xproto:Window" enum contains only "None".

For example:

<import>xproto</import>
<field type="WINDOW" name="child" altenum="Window" />

>  Second what do I do to contribute ?
>
>  checkout latest apply  build test and post to the list ?

Yes.

>  ( please reply to my mail also I am not on the mailinglist ... )

The list is low volume and high signal. Subscribing to the list will
make the previous steps go more smoothly.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/