[Xcb] _XReply stuck in xcb_wait_for_reply64

Marius Cirsta mforce2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:20:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> On 03/12/16 08:59 AM, Marius Cirsta wrote:
>>  Turns out it was xf86-video-ati after all. Went through the updates I
>> made to my distro and managed to find this.
>
> Was only xf86-video-ati updated, or Xorg as well? Which versions were
> they updated from and to?

Only xf86-video-ati was updated updated from 7.8.0 to include the
patches from git after 7.8.0 ( 11 patches to be found here :
http://git.frugalware.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=frugalware-current.git;a=tree;f=source/x11/xf86-video-ati
) I'm not sure which one these actually solved the problem ( maybe
more than one  ?  ).

>> Using the latest from git works like a charm. Thanks for the fixes
>> there Michel.
>
> You're welcome, but there hasn't been any fix since the 7.8.0 release
> which could explain this. I suspect that you're simply using DRI3 now,
> but that the problem only occurs with DRI2.

Judging only by their explanations I'd say one could have easily fixed
my problem. Other than applying these 11 patches ( 10 if you don't
count the build fix for old Xorg ) I really did nothing and not I have
no more freezes.

Let me know if you need additional details for this. I could do some
more testing if needed.