[Xcb] [PROPOSAL] how to solve ABI/API issues when fixing protocol definition bugs

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Jan 10 09:49:41 PST 2016

Hi,

Am 10.01.2016 um 15:59 schrieb Christian Linhart:
[...]
> So, we have the following situation:
> * The protocol definitions in the last official version are pretty buggy.
>     (at least in some extensions such as Xinput an XKB)
[...]

How broken exactly? If we only break code that never worked in the first place
and which required enabling things which were disabled by default, then what
reasons speak against a soname bump?

It's not a long term solution, but even then I'd think that the only reasons for
ABI/API breaks is "the old version was broken".

Uli
--
Sent from my Game Boy.