[Xcb] update to libxcb 1.12 breaks 32bit applications

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Sun Jun 5 13:09:49 UTC 2016

> Weird. I have no idea. The gdb output says "prev_reader=0x980d0c8", so this
> can't be where the NULL pointer comes from. *prev_reader can't be the problem
> either, because this value is checked.
>
> Does strace still report that this crashes with a NULL pointer dereference? This
> seems to be impossible, given that GDB says it is not a NULL pointer.

strace still says:
--- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_addr=0} ---

i have to make a little change in the starter script to use gdb. the
script sets the environment to use all the outdated libs shipped with
acroread.
the change is to add /usr/bin/gdb to the exec statement. that change has
(obviously) to be undone before running strace.
otoh this should not make any difference for this issue…

> Also, looking through the changes since 1.11.1, I don't even see a commit that
> touches this part of the code. Weird.

i asked other affected people to provide traces as well, but no response
yet.