[Xcb] update to libxcb 1.12 breaks 32bit applications

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Mon Jun 6 18:27:59 UTC 2016

> But the backtrace might be a bit better if you try it w/ cairo compiled
> with -O0 instead of what arch uses by default (presumable -O2).

yes, -O2 is standard optimization, with -O0 compilation fails. a
friendly guy in irc suggested -Og, which works.

> And, when getting the backtrace, try this at the gdb prompt:
>
>   p prev_reader
>   p *prev_reader
>   p **prev_reader
>
> and include that info, too.

ok, so:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

0xf50ed6d1 in remove_finished_readers (completed=<optimized out>,
prev_reader=0x9806650) at xcb_in.c:107
107     xcb_in.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) p prev_reader
$1 = (reader_list **) 0x9806650
(gdb) p *prev_reader
$2 = (reader_list *) 0xffffc5b0
(gdb) p **prev_reader
$3 = {request = 1, data = 0xffffc5c0, next = 0x0}

gdb trace: http://pastebin.com/Xgiz6QhG
strace: http://pastebin.com/NLuS3eVA

those dont look like null pointers to me, except whats the next thing there?

regards
georg