[Xcb] Documentation Process

Thomas Fischer tjfischer98 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 08:46:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 7:56 AM Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08.07.2018 16:06, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I wrote some documentation for a few functions. Every time I look through a
> > man page and see "not yet documented" I add a todo. That way the functions
> > that I use most often will be updated sooner, but I might add more after
> > that.
>
> Thanks, that's nice & good to hear.
>
> > A lot of the error messages aren't yet documented, but it shouldn't be too
> > hard to generate documentation from a default. I'm a little new to xml, is
> > there a nice way / project specific way set up to do that? Specifically an
> > Alloc error can potentially be thrown after most requests, but the reason
> > is pretty standard.
>
> Sorry, but I fail to understand the question. An XML file is just a text
> file, so it can be edited with any text editor...? What do you mean with
> "from a default"?

Sorry, I worded my question badly. When I wrote that I hadn't yet learned xml.
Now that I've worked on some docs, I don't think it will be a big problem.

> Cheers,
> Uli
> --
> Q: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
> A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?

In other news, I finished documenting xcb_create_window(3). Most of what I added
came from the protocol standard, so it should match the style of the
other man pages.
I'll send a patch.

Thanks,
Thomas