[Xcb] xcb_create_colormap, how to use?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Wed Jun 6 18:03:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 05.06.2018 02:07, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I've been trying to compile the code from
> https://xcb.freedesktop.org/opengl/
> tl;dr: The code used Xlib to interact with glx, but uses xcb to handle X
> events.
>
> It seems to not run because of something happening in xcb_create_colormap,
>
> I changed the code to use create_colormap_checked, and printed out the
> error structure, this was the response, if it's useful:
> =============ERROR=============
> Could not create the colormap
>         error->response_type: 0
>         error->error_code: 8
>         error->sequence: 31
>         error->resource_id: 0
>         error->minor_code: 0
>         error->major_code: 78
>         error->full_sequence: 31
> ===============================

Error 8 is XCB_MATCH / BadMatch.

According to [1], CreateColormap produces a Match error if the visual is
not supported by the screen. That's all that I can say, sorry. I know
basically nothing about GLX. (Well, you could print out the value of
visualID and look it up in the output of /usr/bin/xdpyinfo)

Cheers,
Uli

[1]: https://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/x11proto/proto.html
--
Homophobia - The fear that another man will treat you the way you treat
women.