[Xcb] Deeper pixmaps for xcb-shape masks

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Sep 16 16:20:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 14.09.2018 19:47, Javier Pollak wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on a patch for bspwm to add rounded corners to windows and
> their borders.
[...]
> Is there any way to remedy this?
> What I tried so far is to apply an additional mask to the window background
> itself since it allows for a mask of the same depth as the window.
> The problem with that solution is that it does not apply to the border...

If the problem is X11 window borders, then the only solution is not to
use them, but to draw your own borders instead.

In general, you can use alpha values through the RENDER extension for
anti-aliased edges, but only if a compositing manager is running since
the X11 server does not do any compositing for you.

Cheers,
Uli
--
99 little bugs in the code