[Xcb] QueryTextExtents one-byte and two-bytes wrappers

Andrea Monaco andrea.monaco at autistici.org
Sat Feb 19 14:05:19 UTC 2022

Hello,

I see that the X protocol includes a QueryTextExtents call that takes a
two-bytes string.

Xlib seems to provide two different wrappers, a direct one called
XQueryTextExtents16 and another called XQueryTextExtents that takes a
one-byte string, inserts zero bytes at odd positions and then calls the
X server.

But libxcb only provides the direct wrapper, seeing from docs and from
proto/src/xproto.xml.  Am I correct?  I happen to need the one-byte
version, how can I do?

Thanks,

Andrea Monaco