[Xdevconf] Attendance/Presentation Request

Eamon Walsh ewalsh@epoch.ncsc.mil
05 Mar 2004 10:21:03 -0500

I would like to attend the X developer's meeting and, if possible, give
a presentation titled "Extensible Security for X: Motivation and Design"

I recently introduced myself on the xserver development list.  I'm a
developer on the Security-Enhanced Linux project, and have been working
on a generalized security framework for X based on the original Security
extension.

This work is the first step towards SELinux support (security policy
awareness) for the X Window system, but it is a general interface which
can be used to implement arbitrary access control and/or auditing
models.

The presentation will introduce SELinux and its goals for trusted X, and
will describe the workings of the new security extension.

Eamon Walsh
Information Assurance Research Group
National Security Agency