[Xdevconf] attendance request

Erwann Chénedé erwann.chenede@sun.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:28:31 +0100

Hi,

    I would like to attend the X Window System developer's meeting.

    I'll be representing Sun's GNOME development team.

    A bit of (hopefully relevant) background about me from an X
perspective :

       I've been working on Sun's various desktops for more than 5 years.
       I've been working on GNOME for 4 years mainly on gtk (I've
implemented
       the multihead support) and metacity. I've also been involved in the
       STSF vs. Xft discussion(s).

    My main reasons to attend this meeting are the following :

    - As my team are one of the primary "customers" of
      the X server within Sun, It is very important for us to
      understand the various architectural options the community
      are discussing in order for us to know how to
      best make use of them in the GNOME desktop and various
      applications we are developing. (e.g. GNOME has pushed
      for the addition of the Render extension and fontconfig in the
      Solaris and Xsun distributions).

    - I am very likely to work more on the X Window System itself
      in the next few months.

    - I'm also involved in Sun's looking glass project and also I'm very
      interested with the new extensions such as X Fixes and Composite.

    Could please you let me know quickly if my request is accepted or
    rejected as I'll need to confirm or cancel my flights booking soon.
     (as I'm working remotely from Sun Grenoble in France).

          Thanks in advance,

             Erwann

--
              Erwann Chénedé,
 Desktop Group,           Sun Microsystems