[Xdevconf] Desktop Developers' Conference

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue May 11 12:05:08 PDT 2004

   As I mentioned in Boston, we will be hosting a desktop developers
conference during the two days before OLS in Ottawa this summer.  The date is
July 19-20 (OLS follows for 4 days).  You can find more information here:

http://www.desktopcon.org/

   I think it would be a great opportunity to follow up on many things
discussed in Boston, and in particular to even have some practical
("hacking") sessions, even following on through OLS.  I know that many of you
will be at OLS too, so I think it makes it that much easier to attend.  If
the conference goes well, I think it also provides a good opportunity for a
sponsored, on-going desktop event each year.

  Also if you happen to know of an employer of yours (:-)) or someone else who
might be interested in sponsoring, I'm sure Andrew could use some help and
would like to hear about it.

Thank you!

--
George Staikos