Dependencies for building from srpm

Dan Nicholson nicholson at endlessm.com
Tue Jul 14 14:42:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 4:31 AM, Jan Horak <jhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to build a sandboxed package which requires a lot of libraries. How
> can I install these libraries to runtime correctly?

I don't think there's any way to do it out of the box, but what Alex
showed me before is this fedora-runtime package
(https://github.com/alexlarsson/fedora-runtime/) he has that installs
a custom rpm macros file to set the prefix to /app and things like
that. See here:

https://github.com/alexlarsson/fedora-runtime/blob/master/specfiles/SOURCES/macros.xdg-app

I've never used it, but I believe you would build the fedora-runtime
rpm and then have it included in your SDK. Now when you build within
the sdk runtime, you can use rpmbuild to create rpms from within the
sandbox that are properly setup for xdg-app. The important part is
that you have rpmbuild within your sdk runtime. You can always
manually override the prefix when invoking rpmbuild. E.g., xdg-app
build ~/build/foo rpmbuild ... There might be some glue needed to
allow the built rpms to be installed the sandbox. Not sure about that.

I haven't tried with xdg-app yet, but we do something similar with
debian packages using an alternate prefix and it works (mostly) fine.

Dan