Stable Gnome 3.20 and Freedesktop 1.4 runtimes released

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 09:02:09 UTC 2016

I just pushed stable builds of the org.gnome.Platform/Sdk 3.20 as well
as the org.freedesktop.Platform/Sdk 1.4 runtimes.

These are based on the latest stable yocto release and has been updated
to build with xdg-app-builder.

The 1.4 runtime is a great base for other runtimes (such as the gnome
and the kde ones), but it is also a good runtime for standalone
applications that don't use a lot of runtime dependencies, such as
games. My hope is that we will be able to keep this stable for some
time so that we don't have to constantly update it for new gnome
versions.

I also added a new repository for gnome stable applications:
  http://sdk.gnome.org/repo-apps/

This contains builds of some Gnome 3.20 applications using the 3.20
runtimes. However, the versions are tagged as "stable", so they will
follow the stable relases of gnome, and eventually be updated to 3.22,
etc.

The nightly Gnome runtime repo is still there, but I moved the
applications to a separate repo at:
 http://sdk.gnome.org/nightly/repo-apps/

Currently we have only x86_64 builds of these, but we hope to soon have
ARM builds too.

Some more detailed docs about these runtimes can be seen at:
 https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps/Runtimes

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a time-tossed zombie stage actor with a passion for fast cars. She's
a strong-willed wisecracking schoolgirl from a family of eight older
brothers. They fight crime!