A Linux App Store Proposal

Jorge García jgarciao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:19:55 UTC 2016

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the comments and the links.

Hosting a OSTree repository in an HTTP server is not complicated, but there
are different ways to do it, like having different repositories per
app/arch/channel (production/beta/...) or using different branches. I have
written about this in the proposal (pages 7 and 8)  but I still need to
experiment and test to determine the best approach. Some help will be very
appreciated!

In my opinion some of the "Personas" considered in this proposal (see page
6) won't see any added value hosting their own OSTree repos (the same way
they probably don't have their self hosted git repos) and will just publish
their apps in the store.

A nice thing about Linux comparing to other platforms is that you won't be
forced to use any particular store. The same way we do in real life, we
probably will have the choice to "buy" in bigs malls (General Stores) or in
specialized stores/shops for certain kind of applications (games, ...)

Best regards,
Jorge