Missing files in app

Ruben Grimm ruben.grimm at posteo.de
Fri Dec 16 09:29:21 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I'm currently experimenting with flatpak packaging and for this I was
trying to build a VLC package based on a QT runtime, I built myself
(which of course is built upon the freedesktop runtime). I put the
gst-ugly-libs into this package.

Now when I install the package, I can see the gst-ugly libs in
$HOME/.local/share/flatpak/app/org.videloan.Vlc/current/active/files/lib/gstreamer-1.0,
but when I sh into the app (flatpak run --command=sh org.videolan.Vlc).
The gstreamer-1.0 folder only contains the gst-good and gst-base libs,
which are provided by freedesktop and VLC can't play mp4 files.

Do you have an idea whats going on here? Is there a problem merging the
folders? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ruben