The xdg-app story

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:20:37 UTC 2016

On 20 March 2016 at 19:44, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre at mecheye.net> wrote:
> isn't a catchy filename (I think the best we got was ".xpk" to match
> ".apk", since that wasn't taken).

I think it might be a good idea to avoid any links to "packages" in the name.

> a logo and website turned Wayland from a git repo in a side-project to
> a surprisingly strong brand and force.

I think if wayland had been called xdg-render I'm not sure we'd have
the uptake or community we do now.

On one hand I know it's not my call to make, on the other hand I'm
quite prepared to buy a domain name, build a website, and upload some
content, on the assumption it's okay to remix the various blog posts
and wiki pages into some actual structured documentation.

Richard