Flatpak now allows dashes in the app id

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 15:11:01 UTC 2016

Flatpak has long disagreed with dbus on whether dashes are allowed in
names (bus name vs flatpak app ids). DBus allows them (but not in
object paths) and flatpak doesn't.

However, a lot of pre-existing apps *do* use dashes, and recently
GApplication was changed to allowed this (and the details were made
more clear in the dbus spec), so today I landed a change in flatpak
that allows this.

However, for "special" reasons, we additionally disallow application
ids to end with "-symbolic", in order to be able to handle exporting
symbolic application icons.

For details, see:

 https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/commit/5c075525a8b14aefbaf7f3d45920bd1d8f7e110c

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a maverick hunchbacked paranormal investigator who dotes on his
loving old ma. She's a brilliant hip-hop stripper in the wrong place at
the wrong time. They fight crime!