Single-file bundles + updates

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 14:10:10 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-09-17 at 12:10 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the "Single-file bundles" section at
> http://flatpak.org/developer.html
>
> “distributing updates is much more convenient with a hosted
> repository”
>
> Does that mean that once a single-file bundle is installed, there is
> no
> way for users to get automatic updates, e.g. through gnome-software?
> If
> it is not yet supported, is it planned?

You can have the bundle point to an ostree repo and get updates from
there. In the latest release you can also update an app manually from a
newer bundle. There is no automatic download of bundles for updates
though, and there is no plans for that,

> statistics (it is hosted on SourceForge). Statistics is important to
> me.
> (Ideally I would also want to know if the app is often launched).

Launch statistics are problematic in general wrt anonymity/privacy
though. Thew would have to be opt-in, which in practice means they are
not super useful.