errors installing and... uninstalling

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Thu Sep 29 17:49:50 UTC 2016

Hello list,

Running fedora 24.

Following instructions here:
http://flatpak.org/
At '3. Installing a runtime'

I'm getting the following errors installing and uninstalling.  I
installed once, and got:

$ flatpak install gnome org.gnome.Platform 3.20

9 delta parts, 71 loose fetched; 167691 KiB transferred in 601 seconds

error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
:1.123 was not provided by any .service files

So, tried again and had the same error and so tried to uninstall and got
the final error - 'Invalid name gnome'  - which is weird as it says it's
installed...

$ flatpak install gnome org.gnome.Platform 3.20

1 metadata, 0 content objects fetched; 313 B transferred in 3 seconds

error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Flatpak.Error.AlreadyInstalled:
runtime/org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.20 is already installed
[morgan at morgansmachine tmp]$ flatpak uninstall gnome org.gnome.Platform 3.20
error: Invalid name gnome

Seems I'm falling at the first hurdle...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
M.
--