GPG verification enabled, but no summary signatures found

Mario Sanchez Prada msanchez at gnome.org
Wed Mar 15 09:38:17 UTC 2017

On 14/03/17 18:37, Sascha Manns wrote:
> [...]
> I tried this out too.
> Then a "flatpak install gnome-nightly org.gnome.Platform//master" gives out
> the same issue. After adding a "gpg-verify-summary=false"
> to the config i'm getting "sascha at sascha-desktop:/var/lib/flatpak/repo$
> flatpak install gnome-nightly org.gnome.Platform//master
>
> Fehler: Remote listing not available; server has no summary file
>
> Mysterious...

I think it would be very interesting if you could share which exact version
of flatpak you're using (i.e. what does `flatpak --version` say?), as well
as the content of your /var/lib/flatpak/repo/config file.

I ask this because I suspect you're using a version of flatpak older than
0.6.14, which is when the following commit landed:

  "remote-add: Assume --from if location ends with .flatpakrepo"
  https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/commit/c3bea6c8

Without that particular code in effect, I believe the line you're using to
add the remote [1] will set https://sdk.gnome.org/gnome.flatpakrepo as the
URL in the config file instead of the URL of the actual repo, in the
.flatpakrepo file, which would lead exactly to the error you're seeing.

If you confirm you're using flatpak older than 0.6.14, best thing you can
probably do is to update. If you can't for any reason, you'd need to pass
`--from` in the command line [1] to get flatpak remote-add do the right
thing, or use the more manual method of fetching the GPG key + remote-add:

  wget https://sdk.gnome.org/keys/gnome-sdk.gpg
  flatpak remote-add --user gnome --title="Gnome Stable Runtimes" \
     --gpg-import=gnome-sdk.gpg http://sdk.gnome.org/repo

Hope this helps, please let us know if that fixed your problem.

Thanks,
Mario

[1] flatpak remote-add gnome https://sdk.gnome.org/gnome.flatpakrepo