Base Directory Spec Queries

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 18:29:35 EEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:48:53AM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> 3. How stable is this spec? Is there any plan to work on it further? It
> seems pretty clean and complete to me, but I thought I'd ask... :)

At the moment it's very hard to answer this question, since we have no
real specification "bless 1.0" process, unfortunately. Something I
hope we can address - I welcome suggestions.

In the meantime "we seem to have rough consensus" is the only answer.

> 4. Is there a reference implementation? That is, is there code that I
> could spend a couple of hours downloading, studying, compiling and
> installing so that I could avoid writing the 10 lines or so needed to
> support it? :)

desktop-file-utils has some code you might be able to use.

Havoc