[Annoyances] X-Windows Copy & Paste

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Thu Aug 21 20:26:07 EEST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 16:35, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Yeah, the work isn't hard, somebody just needs to sit down and say "for
> copy and paste of images, we will use PNG", and "for copy and paste of
> colours, we will use #aabbcc notation" or whatever, and then get people
> to use it.

Just FYI:

As far as The GIMP is concerned, we plan to use PNG for copy and paste
of images (or rather layers) and there seemed to be consensus with
people from OpenOffice about this.

For cut'n'paste of colors, The GIMP and GTK+ have both always used
"application/x-color" with the color info encoded in four channels
(RGBA) with 16bit per channel.

Sven