Enter GNUstep

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 04:41:40 EET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 08:24, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Some of you may already know GNUstep, it is even listed on the
> Freedesktop web pages as "The GNU OpenStep? Implementation". And yes,
> this is what GNUstep tries to be, a free implementation of the OpenStep
> standard, while keeping up with some of the enhancements that Apple did
> to it. (Would anybody mind to remove the question mark? This could be
> seen as offending by some people)

No problem to remove, if you create a wiki account someone can add you
to the freedesktop group and then you can edit the gnustep text in more
detail if you want.

> Of course we are planning to implement more. At the moment I am looking
> into better support for the window manager standard and there a problem
> shows up.

The WM spec is the one spec with its own mailing list,
wm-spec-list at gnome.org; you may want to post there, since more of the
right people will be reading.

Havoc