Shared documentation system

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Mon Dec 8 05:37:35 EET 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 20:44, Murphy wrote:
> And, after all, we can't forget whatever GnuStep, etc
> help systems there are or may be in future.

Sorry, I meant to say something about this as well.  I'll admit I have
absolutely no idea what desktops other than GNOME and KDE are doing for
documentation, and I only have a vague idea of what KDE does.  People
from Rox, XFCE, GNUstep, and any other desktops should certainly throw
their thoughts in.

I have some idea of what MacOS X does, but I don't know if that's part
of the OpenStep specification.  If the documentation system is part of
OpenStep, and if GNUstep follows that explicitly, then I'm not sure how
much can be done in terms of a shared documentation system with GNUstep.

--
Shaun