GStreamer on freedesktop

"Marc Boris Dürner" mduerner at gmx.net
Tue Dec 9 14:11:10 EET 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:55, you wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:46:52PM +0100, "Marc Boris Dürner" wrote:
> > > No, GStreamer still uses glib...
> > > Also, it's 2003, going on 2004, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are
> > > willing to move on beyond doctrine :) If KDE doesn't want to use
> > > GStreamer, I cannot make them.
> >
> > Ok, great! I can use Qt/QObject now for freedesktop.org projects?
>
> Cut the attitude.
Excuse me!?! What happened to freedesktop.org's promise to be desktop
neutral? So far
the projects have refrained from using glib or Qt and freedesktop.org's
implementations
are written in either std-c or std-c++.

> It's trivial to wrap glib code and GObjects in C++ objects, be it plain
> C++ or QT (I've been there. Stop whining about uglyness, it can be done
> properly). It's damn near impossible to wrap QObjects in anything which
> doesn't already use QT.

Its pretty easy to wrap up QObjects too. I have done it once when I ported a
plain C
library to Qt and included a legacy C wrapper (the whole thing was actually
much shorter
than the plain C library).

Marc