Proposed Browser Bookmark Sharing Standard.

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Jul 1 07:47:41 EEST 2003

<quote who="Malcolm Tredinnick">

> Earlier in the thread, Marco posted his thoughts about why Epiphany's
> bookmarks do not fit into a version of the XBEL structure. He also
> mentioned Safari. Now, I am not particularly enamoured with Epiphany's
> bookmarks and I don't use it or Safari, but it would be nice to see if
> something could be worked out that at least can be easily transformed into
> the scheme for each browser.

Given that Epiphany is very firmly the odd one out here, and that all of the
other browsers (including Safari) could very easily produce and consume XBEL
(and importantly, produce/consume the *same* XBEL without losing any data),
perhaps Marco should just try and munge it as best he can and let everyone
else get on with using the de facto standard. :-)

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

                    "Whatcha wanna be when you grow up?"