Proposed Browser Bookmark Sharing Standard.

Filip Van Raemdonck mechanix at debian.org
Tue Jul 1 15:47:28 EEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:39:12PM +0200, Jeroen ten Berge wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 09:29:35AM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> > [...]
> > > One thing to do would be to specify a location for the file. Does
> > > $XDG_DATA_HOME/bookmarks/bookmarks.xml make sense?
>
> If there's only one boorkmarks file, why put it in a dir of it's own?

Who says there will be only one? I haven't really (beyond adding and
using) mucked around much with bookmarks in other browsers than lynx, but
while that particular browser may not be currently a target for a
bookmarks spec, it does allow to have multiple bookmark files. Other
browsers may do so, too.

Regards,

Filip

--
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
 limits."