next level of freedesktop.org

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 17:56:57 EEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:50:49PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I agree with that. I think that the focus should be on the underlying/shared
> infrastructure for desktop projects and dekstop applications, but not those
> projects applications themselves.

I agree with this. I guess what I wanted to say with "indiscriminate"
is that I do think we should offer hosting for experimental or
immature projects, and hosting should not imply endorsement or
blessing.

That is, we should be an incubator where people can play around with
things, not just a place where finished/mature code can live.

But we could say the immature projects should be potentially part of
desktop infrastructure.

Havoc