Xdg-list digest, Vol 1 #432 - 11 msgs

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 23 08:50:10 EEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 06:43 schrieb Linas Vepstas:

Hi Linas,

> I have a hard time taking this argument seriously.  I don't find
> the technical claims to be convincing.  There are numerous factual
> errors, exagerations, incorrect and imprecise claims.  You are
> attacking glib without actually understanding what it is, and
> what it means to use it.

Basically xdg is more about common standards for interoperability and making
it easier for vendors like RH to "unify" the desktop offerings than about
sharing code.

Trying to stuff code down the throats of people not interested is
contra-productive and does harm to the whole idea of freedesktop.org.

Regards,
-- martin konold

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de