Proposal: Menu Spec Changes

George jirka at 5z.com
Wed Jul 23 20:06:21 EEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:27:53PM +0200, Heinrich Wendel wrote:

> > > Spell out
> >
> > I'm not sure about this audio/video categories, maybe we could find even
> > better ones?
>
> Ok, what about replacing AVEditing, AVConversion and AudioSequencer just with
> AudioVideoEditing?

Probably better.  We should keep in mind that if the set of categories gets
too large and too detailed, then nobody will "properly" use it (that is
actually set all the right categories) and thus it will be pointless.  The
trick is to strike a balance between horribly complex and incomplete.  The
real specific of what exactly the app does should be in the naming rather
then the categories.  IMO of course.

I really like the idea with listing the related keywords after each keyword
in the spec.  The more readable and easier the spec is to use, the more
likely that the categories lines will actually convey the right information.

George

--
George <jirka at 5z.com>
   Originality is undetected plagiarism.