Proposed Browser Bookmark Sharing Standard.

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Fri Jun 27 10:16:17 EEST 2003

Hello:

I've been thinking that it would be nice if browsers shared bookmarks
and history. So I wrote up the attached proposed standard. For those of
you who prefer nicely formatted HTML there's also a URL:

http://www.symonds.net/~botsie/bookmark/t1.html

I am assuming a couple of things, of course:

* One, that a web browser is a sufficiently vital part of the desktop
that standards defining their behavior fall within the scope of
freedesktop.org's activities.

* Two, that the web browser folks actually pay attention to
freedesktop.org standards. :-) No offense meant, it's just that, so far,
most freedesktop standards are not very relevent to them.

-- b