desktop-agnostic keychain system?

Jeroen ten Berge Jeroen.ten.Berge at Vialis.nl
Wed May 14 11:09:39 EEST 2003

I'd recommend utilizing LDAP for that kind of stuff, LDAP is excellent for storing userinformation, application settings, passwords and all user preferences you can imagine, all we have to do is have programmers use the existing schema's for this and maybe we should define a schema for missing functionality.
Pro's are that security measures are allready implemented, moving from a single server box would easily be extended to another server box, everybody can write an administrative interface for whatever program he'd like to administer on whatever unix desktop box he wishes, this could push better operability between programs and desktops.

Jeroen.