Syncing up the MIME databases

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Nov 5 19:10:33 EET 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 23:45, David Faure wrote:

> Allan Sandfeld Jensen readded a mimetype named audio/vorbis though, as
> a subtype of application/x-ogg. Not sure if that name is IANA-registered?
> Allan: can you list all the x-ogg subtypes?

It seems Xiph tries to get their types registered. As far as I can tell, they
have registered application/ogg and audio/vorbis. Application/ogg as a media
container and vorbis as a RTP-stream. It is their intention to use the same
mimetype for vorbis in ogg and in RTP. Besides these they want video/theora
and audio/speex, but I havent seen any evidence that these are registered, so
for KDE I've only added x- versions. Similiarly the FLAC-people are talking
about registering audio/flac, but I can't tell if they will register flac in
ogg differently, so I decided to use audio/x-flac and audio/x-oggflac in KDE
(since they have different binary formats).

`Allan