That 'vision' thing (Tuomas has a logo proposal)

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 17:46:01 EET 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:29:56AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 06:49, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:48:13PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > [...]
> > > A little color should enhance the site nicely.
> >
> > Aargh! My eyes! Red on blue is *not* a good colour scheme (and I'm not
> > even colour-blind). I can barely read the header links now (and the blue
> > 'visited' links are almost completely invisible). Worse, turning off the
> > stylesheet still doesn't make it go away!
>
> Where's the red? I don't see any red. I was talking about the blue.

The visited links are red, and the others are blue. Neither are very
readable on a blue background. I'm on a different computer now, and the
'red' links are now purple, which is even worse :-(

This is for the links along the top (Main | Specifications | Software),
the second row (Home | News | ...) and the footer (Edit | Attach | ...).

Non-links are in white, which isn't too bad, but all the links are
difficult to read. I've put up a screenshot of how the site looks here:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tal00r/freedesktop.png

(I'm on an old Irix machine at the moment; the formatting is better in a
modern Mozilla, but the problem with the text colours is the same)

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net