shared-mime-info - capitalization

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Thu Nov 20 17:15:10 EET 2003

I realized that it's a good thing to uncapitalize the begining of all
shared-mime-info strings if they don't begin with a brand/product name
since they could be used within any sentence, too.
But what about e.g. listings where each string SHOULD begin with a
capital letter? Should we add an additional string or just do some
conversion magic using an additional function in update-mime-database?
IMHO we should add additional strings for each mime type if we really
want proper i18n since RTL or foreign languages may have challenging and
tricky conversion. I'd volunteer for implementing such a thing. We'd
need to update the specs, though.
Comments, suggestions?

regs,
 Chris