HAL 0.1 release

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Wed Oct 1 22:31:55 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Of course having wrapper APIs or "bindings" for various dependencies is
> fine, see dbus (and the yes/no/auto --enable-foo setup for each
> dependency foo in the configure script).

Speaking of which, do you think it's possible and sensible to split some
common things in dbus out into a library?  I'm thinking of a lot of
stuff that is reinvented in dbus that exists in glib, like string
utilities, DBusWatch, etc.  If it's decided to forego a glib dependency
in the client library for hal, we'll need some main loop integration for
getting hardware events.  Right now I think it just assumes a glib main
loop or does the dbus stuff in a separate thread.  (David, correct me if
I'm wrong.)

Joe